I must confess: Up until this year’s cold/flu season, I was the worst hand-washer in the nation. I would wash my hands for about four seconds max — and “hand sanitizer”? Never heard of her.
Now though, it’s an entirely different ball game. With an especially tumultuous flu season upon us, topped with the novel 2019 coronavirus, I’ve turned into an absolute hand-washing/sanitizing freak.
Perhaps you’ve also been especially mindful of washing your hands (and regularly popping out that pocket-sized Purell). But with all that soap, water, and alcohol-based sanitizer comes the driest of hands.
No, seriously. I don’t think my hands have ever been drier. And I get that this isn’t high on the list of concerns (amidst menacing pathogens and germs), but dry hands are still super uncomfortable.
So, if you also currently have hands drier than the Sahara, here are five moisturizers that are entirely here for us:
1. O’Keefe’s got you coveredO’Keeffe’s Working Hands Hand Cream, 3 ounce Tube, (Pack of 2)
O’Keeffe’s Working Hands Hand Cream is a concentrated cream that relieves and repairs dry, cracked hands. For best results, the brand suggests applying the moisturizer after hand washing, after bathing, and at bedtime. This cream is also safe for people with Diabetes.
2. Eucerin is as reliable as it getsEucerin Advanced Repair Hand Cream – Fragrance Free, Hand Lotion for Very Dry Skin – 2.7 oz Tube (Pack of 3)
I’m pretty sure we can all agree that Eucerin is a pretty trusty hand cream. This moisturizer is non-greasy, fast-absorbing, and fragrance/dye free: Perfect for your parched hands.
3. L’Occitane for when you’re feeling fancyL’Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream, 5.2 oz
If you’re willing to spend a little more on your hand cream, opt for the ever-so-fragrant L’Occitane. The creamy balm consists of Shea Butter, honey, almond extracts and coconut oil and can be applied as often as needed.
4. AHAVA heals and nourishesAHAVA Dead Sea Mineral Hand Creams
AHAVA’s moisturizer heals dry cracked skin and blemishes with dead sea minerals. The brand says to apply a small amount on clean hands “several times a day, as needed — especially after washing hands.”
5. CeraVe is an essentialCeraVe Therapeutic Hand Cream for Dry Cracked Hands | 3 Ounce | With Hyaluronic Acid and Niacinamide | Packaging May Vary
Developed with dermatologists, CeraVe Therapeutic Hand Cream is a solid option to help your hands survive this cold/flu season. This moisturizer helps protect and restore the skin barrier from harmful irritants and it’s water resistant. CeraVe’s cream is also accepted by the National Eczema Association.