9 toxic household products that look like candy

These pretty swirled tablets and brightly colored liquids look good enough to eat. The problem: kids can get their hands on them and do just that.

This article originally appeared on grandparents.com. To learn more click here.

You might not worry as much about baby-proofing your home since your kids aren’t babies anymore. But these days, many cleaning products and other household items are brightly colored, come in cute packaging, and look almost good enough to eat—and that can spell danger for kids.

Every day more than 300 children ages 0-19 are treated at a hospital for poisoning, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. And in the last few years, emergency rooms have seen a significant increase in the number of young children with injuries from cleaning products and detergents alone (around 13,000 in 2007 to almost 25,000 in 2012, according to the National Electronic Injury Surveillance System).

To protect your grandkids, get down on their eye level and do a thorough scan of your home for these potentially dangerous household products that can attract children. If kids do ingest any of these, immediately call 911 or Poison Control at 1-800-222-1222.