If coffee didn’t exist, life would be exhausting on so many levels. For starters, I might hibernate for three weeks, continually slamming the snooze button. I’d probably get fired due to inappropriate extended time-off.
Fortunately, coffee does exist: The sacred roasted coffee bean reliably greets java-enthusiasts each morning (and possibly afternoon/evening, as well). If you’re as devoted to your daily cup(s) o’ joe as I am, here are six DIY coffee flavors that will deliciously spice up your morning java.
1. Sprinkle in some cocoa powderViva Naturals 1 Best Selling Certified Organic Cacao Powder from Superior Criollo Beans, 1 LB Bag
Apparently, this cocoa powder “uplifts mood and elevates energy,” which I can totally get behind. Adding a subtle chocolate flavor to your beloved morning java might even come with the side effect of less AM alarm snoozing.
2. Get some chai vibes goingSimply Organic Chai Spices Pre-Brew Coffee Spice | Certified Organic | 1.69 oz.
For a comforting chai flavor, add around a teaspoon or a teaspoon and a half of this cardamom/cinnamon/ginger blend to your coffee grounds before brewing. Then, watch (or taste) your coffee go from amazing to amazing.
3. Add a dash of cinnamonMcCormick Ground Cinnamon, 18 Ounce
If you’re not into blends, opt for a classic cinnamon flavoring. A couple dashes of this bad boy will give your java a deep, sweet, warm flavor.
4. Reminisce on autumn with pumpkin brewSimply Organic Pumpkin Spices Pre-Brew Coffee Spice | Certified Organic | 1.76 oz.
Autumn lovers, unite: This delicious blend is certainly what fall tastes like. The complex flavor of cloves and the vivid presence of ginger will remind you of crisp shades of gold carpeting the grass and bright, cool rays of sunlight.
5. Mix in powdered peanut butterPBfit All-Natural Organic Peanut Butter Powder, Powdered Peanut Spread from Real Roasted Pressed Peanuts, 8g of Protein (30 oz.)
If you’re currently thinking that peanut butter doesn’t belong in coffee, don’t knock it ’til you try it. This powdered peanut butter has 8g of protein which is a great way to make your morning coffee more satiating. Its three simple ingredients are organic peanuts, organic coconut palm sugar, and salt.
6. Sneak in a few stevia dropsSweetLeaf Sweet Drops Liquid Stevia Sweetener, Stevia Clear, 4 oz
Stevia is a natural, zero calorie sweetener that’s sweet, delicious, and non-glycemic. Plus, it requires no waiting for it to dissolve, so you can take it on the go. Squeeze a few drops right into your portable tumbler or to-go cup from your neighborhood coffee shop.